The Postal Service will soon extend Forever status to more stamps, including stamps used for mailing postcards, items that weigh more than 1 ounce, and envelopes that require hand sorting.
The changes take effect May 31, along with other price and classification changes.
The new Forever stamps will always be equal in value to the applicable price for the category printed on them.
Customers can determine the stamp’s use by the descriptions printed on them: additional ounce, non-machinable surcharge, 2-ounce and 3-ounce.
Here’s a list of the stamps and their initial price and value, effective May 31:
- Penguins additional ounce, 22 cents
- Coastal Birds postcard, 35 cents
- Eastern Tiger Swallowtail Butterfly non-machinable, 71 cents
- Vintage Tulip 2-ounce, 71 cents
- Wedding Cake 2-ounce, 71 cents
- Yes, I Do 2-ounce, 71 cents
The Postal Service also will issue a Flannery O’Connor 3-ounce stamp June 5. The 93-cent stamp will be the 30th release in the Literary Arts series.
For more information, read the Postal Service’s news release.