As soon as Belton, SC, Rural Carrier Roxanne Nalley got out of her vehicle to deliver a package to a customer, she noticed a strong gas odor coming from the house.
The homeowner told Nalley that her eyes had been burning ever since gas was delivered to her home the day before. The tank had been leaking ever since.
Nalley immediately called the gas company, which called the fire department. She stayed with the homeowner until emergency responders and a company representative arrived and resolved the situation.
“I just did what anyone else would have done,” Nalley told the Belton-News Chronicle.