Postal Service customers will be charmed by a little girl in curls with her 2016 stamp debut.
Actress and diplomat Shirley Temple will be featured on the new Legends of Hollywood stamp, USPS announced this week. The stamp image is based on a 1935 still from “Curly Top,” one of her most iconic films.
The Postal Service also unveiled new holiday stamps celebrating Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, Eid and Christmas, as well as two souvenir commemorative sheets for the upcoming World Stamp Show, to be issued next year.
Other new stamps for 2016 include:
- Jack-O’-Lanterns, the first Halloween-themed stamps issued by the Postal Service
- Star Trek, celebrating the 50th anniversary of the original TV series’ premiere
- Pluto — Explored!, honoring the historic NASA mission
- Views of Our Planets, a pane of 16 visually enhanced images
- Pickup Trucks, celebrating America’s work vehicles
- Soda Fountain Favorites, a booklet of 20 featuring ice cream illustrations
- A new American Flag stamp
USPS previewed nine other new additions, like Music Icons: Sarah Vaughn, Quilled Paper Heart, and Lunar New Year: Year of the Monkey stamps, earlier this year.
More details on dedication ceremonies and stamp unveilings will be released later in the year.