Postal Service computer workstations, desk areas and offices often contain important information that must be kept safe.
Here are some tips to prevent USPS information from being stolen or misused:
- Use your workstation for business purposes only.
- Erase whiteboard walls that contain or reference sensitive information.
- Collect sensitive information sent to printers in a timely manner.
- Store sensitive information in a locked cabinet or desk drawer. This also applies to sensitive-enhanced information, such as an employee, customer or supplier’s driver’s license number or credit, debit or other payment card information.
- Cross-shred or appropriately dispose of hardcopy documents that are no longer needed.
To report incidents, call the Computer Incident Response Team at 866-877-7247 or email CyberSafe@usps.gov.