The Postal Service reminds employees to protect sensitive or sensitive-enhanced information when sending emails from work computers and devices to external or non-postal recipients.
Employees who are authorized to share these types of information with external recipients should use the Enterprise Encryption Service to ensure safe transmission.
Sensitive and sensitive-enhanced information includes:
- Personally identifiable information
- Confidential business or proprietary information
- Financial information, such accounts, payroll and travel reimbursement information
- Credit and debit card data
- Health information of an employee, customer or supplier
All employees should use Postal Service computers and devices responsibly.
The CyberSafe at USPS site has additional information security tips and detailed guidance about encryption.