As the 15th anniversary of 9/11 approaches, Postal Service employees are reminded that their workplace security is a priority.
You can help keep your workplace secure by always wearing your USPS photo ID, keeping an eye out for strangers and unbadged visitors, and securing your facility’s entry points when they’re not in use.
Also, secure unattended USPS vehicles and trailers and immediately report stolen or missing vehicles to the Inspection Service.
Here are additional security tips to follow:
- Ensure alarms and camera systems are operational.
- Maintain a master key inventory of all facility, arrow and vehicle keys.
- Ensure all keys are accounted for at the end of every day.
- Follow all procedures for mail acceptance.
- Report any suspicious mail items to the Inspection Service.
- Ensure all collection boxes, lobby mailboxes and collection receptacles have current, legible Aviation Mail Security Decals (DDD-1).
If you have security concerns, contact your facility’s security control officer.