Santa Claus is once again receiving help from USPS with his official Christmas correspondence.
The Postal Service’s Letters from Santa program allows children to mail letters to St. Nick and receive a personalized response bearing a North Pole postmark.
To participate, parents and guardians should follow these steps:
- Have your child write a letter to Santa and place it in an envelope addressed to: Santa Claus, North Pole.
- Later, when alone, open the envelope and write a personalized response.
- Insert Santa’s reply into an envelope and address it to the child. On the envelope, add the return address: Santa Claus, North Pole.
- Affix the envelope with a First-Class Mail stamp.
- Place the complete envelope inside a larger envelope with appropriate postage and address it to: North Pole Postmark, Postmaster, 4141 Postmark Drive, Anchorage, AK 99530-9998.
Letters from Santa must be received by the Anchorage Postmaster no later than Dec. 15. Santa’s USPS helpers will take care of the rest.
The Postal Service’s Nov. 17 news release has more information.