USPS recently honored five employees who demonstrated exemplary service in processing Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests.
The honorees are:
- John Boeger, a Gateway District consumer and industry contact manager
- Janelle Kamp, a Greater Michigan District consumer and industry contact manager
- David Partenheimer, a media relations manager at USPS headquarters in Washington, DC
- Joann Scarpelli, a Fort Worth District consumer and industry contact manager
- Robin Sherwood, a budget and cost analyst at headquarters
The employees received recognition through the Chief FOIA Officer’s Awards, a quarterly program that honors employees who fulfill requests in a timely manner.
Under the 1966 FOIA law, the public can request documents, emails and government records from federal agencies.
The Freedom of Information Act Blue page has more information.