A new CyberSafe at USPS video highlights five steps employees can take to protect both the Postal Service network and their personal information from online threats.
The animated video reminds employees to remain vigilant against an increasing number of cyber threats that target computers and mobile devices.
The five steps are:
- Set strong and unique passwords. When making passwords, use at least 15 characters, including capital and lowercase letters, numbers and special characters.
- Keep your personal information safe. Lock laptops and other personal devices when leaving your workstation.
- Separate your work and personal devices. Never plug your personal devices into a work computer.
- Look out for suspicious emails. Report suspected phishing attempts to the CyberSecurity Operations Center.
- Use a secure network. Be wary of using free or unsecured Wi-Fi networks.