It’s a new year and you may be gearing up to go to your routine doctors’ appointments.
This is your opportunity to ask questions and provide the information your health care provider will need to ensure you receive the best care possible.
Experts suggest using simple questions like these to start the conversation:
- Do I need to talk about a health problem?
- Do I need medication?
- Does my current medication need to be changed?
- Is it time for screenings or other medical tests?
- What is my diagnosis?
- What are my treatment options?
- Do I need to change my daily routine?
Asking questions is important, but making sure you hear and understand the answers you receive is also vital.
Experts suggest taking notes during your appointments or bringing along a friend or family member. Being involved means being prepared.
The Wellness LiteBlue front page has more health-related information.