Welcome to “News quiz,” a new weekly feature that will allow Link readers to test their knowledge of recent stories. The correct answers to this quiz appear at the end.
1. Two postal inspectors recently visited a California kindergarten class after a student wrote to USPS for what reason?
a) To praise a heroic letter carrier
b) To express her concerns about mail theft
c) To determine the whereabouts of a package
d) To ask for help with her homework
2. A Chicago auction house has listed an Inverted Jenny stamp with what presale estimate?
d) $2 million-$3 million
3. Fill in the blank: The Dorothy Height stamp is the (blank) entry in the Black Heritage series.
4. The Postal Service is inviting employees to wear red Feb. 3 to raise awareness of what?
a) African-American History Month
b) American Heart Month
c) Breast Cancer Awareness Month
d) Women’s History Month
5. What heroic deed did Edison, NJ, Customer Care Center Supervisor Dinah Daniel recently perform?
a) She prevented a motorist from being crushed by a falling tree limb
b) She prevented a couple from losing their life savings in a scam
c) She performed CPR on a co-worker who collapsed
d) She scored 100 percent on this quiz
Answers: 1) b. 2) c. 3) c. 4) b. 5) b.
Look for a new quiz next week and share your feedback with Link at email@example.com.