Scanning snapshot. The Postal Service’s national scanning rating was 97.61 percent during the week ending March 10, down from one week earlier.
Dakotas (99.02 percent) topped the districts, while Western (97.85 percent) led the areas.
To see the latest results, go to the Enterprise Analytics site and select “Scanning” on the left hand side, and then “DES 2 — Scan Performance” from the drop-down options.
Cheat sheet. The CyberSafe at USPS team is encouraging employees to following these tips during tax season:
- Check computer anti-virus software. Make sure yours is up-to-date.
- Create strong passwords. This is your first line of defense against cybercrimes.
- Use public Wi-Fi selectively. Hackers can steal your information more easily when you use non-secured networks.
- Think before you click. Be extra cautious of emails, sites and attachments claiming to be from the IRS.
- File taxes on secure sites. Don’t use sites that don’t contain “https://” at the front the web address.
Got news for “Need to know”? Email your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.