Here’s Link’s latest “News quiz,” a weekly feature that invites readers to test their knowledge of recent stories. The correct answers appear at the end.
1. A South Carolina judge recently required three youths to watch “The Inspectors” and write reports about it after the youths were charged with what crime?
a) Letter carrier assault
b) Mail fraud
c) Post Office burglaries
d) Postal vehicle theft
2. Which U.S. House of Representative committee recently approved postal reform legislation?
c) Oversight and Government Reform
d) Ways and Means
3. To help managers better communicate with employees and others, USPS offers an eight-hour course called (blank).
a) Can We Talk?
b) Effective Manager-Employee Communications
c) Let’s Talk
d) Respectful Communications
4. True or false: USPS leaders say enactment of postal reform legislation, favorable resolution of a regulatory pricing system review and continued aggressive management actions are needed to restore the organization to financial stability.
5. What was the national scanning rating during the week ending March 17?
a) 95.79 percent
b) 97.59 percent
c) 97.95 percent
d) 99.75 percent
Answers: 1) c. 2) c. 3) d. 4) a. 5) b.
Look for a new quiz next week and share your feedback with Link at firstname.lastname@example.org.