Eating healthy doesn’t mean you need to clean out your pantry and start over.
You can make small changes today that can help you create healthier lifestyles for you and your family.
To help you get started, the USPS Wellness team offers these tips:
• Eat breakfast. Try starting your morning with a balanced breakfast. Think about including low-fat yogurt, fruit, whole grain cereal or scrambled eggs.
• Watch your portion sizes. Portions are the key to eating healthy. If you’re unsure about portion sizes, use a measuring cup.
• Increase your activity. A balanced diet comes with physical activity. The goal is to increase activity gradually.
• Read your food labels. Food labels recently changed. Make sure to read the nutrition panel so you can shop smarter.
• Drink more water. Instead of having sugary beverages, think about substituting water to stay hydrated throughout the day.
The Wellness LiteBlue page has more tips and suggestions.