Here’s Link’s latest “News quiz,” a weekly feature that invites readers to test their knowledge of recent stories. The correct answers appear at the end.
1. What heroic act did Omaha, NE, Letter Carrier Noreen Mintken perform?
a) Performed CPR on a customer
b) Saved a dog hit by a car
c) Assisted a woman who had fallen
d) Helped two children escape gunfire
2. What did Johnstown, PA, Letter Carrier Matthew Lamb do to earn his place in “Heroes’ corner”?
a) Called police when he spotted a suspected thief
b) Helped a woman and her grandson escape a house fire
c) Reported a possible mail scam to the Postal Inspection Service
d) Reunited a lost girl with her babysitter
3. Fill in the blank: (Blank) is making it easier for small businesses to launch marketing campaigns.
a) Informed Delivery
b) Every Door Direct Mail
c) Link mobile
d) Business Connect
4. Historically, what color have USPS collection boxes not been?
5. How much money did USPS recently save by updating older, inefficient cooling systems and restructuring maintenance services at three Information Technology centers?
Answers: 1) d. 2) b. 3) b. 4) a. 5) c.
Look for a new quiz next week and share your feedback with Link at firstname.lastname@example.org.