For your information. The Postal Service recently honored five employees for their efforts to respond to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests:
- Gary Desmond, a Suncoast District consumer and industry contact manager
- Kimberly Herbst, a St. Louis tort claim examiner and adjudicator supervisor
- Pamela Langley, a Detroit District consumer and industry contact acting manager
- Yvette McNeil, a city delivery specialist and FOIA coordinator at USPS headquarters in Washington, DC
- Gerald Roane, Washington, DC’s Postmaster
The recipients were recognized for providing exemplary service in processing FOIA requests. The Chief FOIA Officers Awards is a quarterly program. Under the 1966 FOIA law, the public can request documents, emails and other government records from federal agencies.
The Freedom of Information Act Blue page has more information.
Looking good. The Postal Bulletin’s latest edition highlights Mailbox Improvement Week, which is May 14-20.
The article details the types of approved mailboxes that customers can use for new installations and replacements.
Holiday hours. The Postal Service is providing general operating policy and planning guidance for the Memorial Day holiday, which will be observed Monday, May 29.
A new memo, available on Blue, explains guidelines for delivery, retail, processing and logistics operations.
Got news for “Need to know”? Email your submissions to email@example.com.