Here’s Link’s latest “News quiz,” a weekly feature that invites readers to test their knowledge of recent stories. The correct answers appear at the end.
1. Fill in the blank: The Skyland, NC, Post Office has received thousands of packages containing (blank) for a nonprofit group that cleans orphaned animals.
c) Mascara wands
2. Twenty-six Post Offices celebrated major anniversaries this week. In what year were these offices established?
3. June 14 was Flag Day, one of how many days each year that Postal Service facilities are required to fly the POW-MIA flag?
4. Which of these unique delivery methods does USPS no longer use?
a) Dog sleds
b) Mail boats
5. Newly appointed Employee Resource Management VP Simon Storey started his postal career in which city?
a) Billings, MT
b) Birmingham, AL
c) Buffalo, NY
d) Burbank, CA
Answers: 1) c. 2) d. 3) c. 4) a. 5) a.
Look for a new quiz next week and share your feedback with Link at firstname.lastname@example.org.