Here’s Link’s latest “News quiz,” a weekly feature that invites readers to test their knowledge of recent stories. The correct answers appear at the end.
1. How many pounds of food were collected through this year’s Stamp Out Hunger drive?
a) 50 million
b) 75 million
c) 80 million
d) 155 million
2. Fill in the blank: The Masqueraders, the soul group that includes USPS retiree Harold Thomas, had a hit song in 1968 called (blank).
a) “I Ain’t Got Nobody Else”
b) “I Ain’t Got to Love Nobody Else”
c) “A Change is Going to Come”
d) “I Love Somebody Else”
3. What year did Disney’s Ink & Paint Department begin?
4. What does Lomita, CA, Postmaster Delbert Rocha call the board he uses to recognize employees?
a) Engagement board
b) #PostalProud board
c) Praise board
d) Recognition board
5. True or false: The Los Angeles Processing and Distribution Center is the city’s second-largest facility generating electricity through solar energy.
Answers: 1) b. 2) b. 3) a. 4) a. 5) b.
Look for a new quiz next week and share your feedback with Link at firstname.lastname@example.org.