1. Alaska has the most northern and western Post Offices. Of the 50 states, the Barrow Post Office is the northernmost and the Adak Post Office is the westernmost.
2. The Belle Fourche, SD, Post Office is in the middle. The office is closest to the geographical center of all 50 states.
3. No matter how you look at it, Lubec, ME, has the easternmost Post Office. The town’s office is the most eastern of both the 48 contiguous states and all 50 states.
4. Among the 50 states, the Naalehu, HI, Post Office is the most southern. The office sits on the Big Island of Hawaii.
5. U.S. islands have Post Offices, too! Christiansted, VI — the “VI” stands for Virgin Islands, in case you didn’t know — has the easternmost U.S. Post Office, while Hagatna, GU — “GU” is for Guam — has the westernmost office, relative to the United States.
6. The Point Roberts, WA, Post Office is not in Canada. But the site can only be reached on land through British Columbia.
7. The Peach Springs, AZ, Post Office is freezing. The Post Office has walk-in freezers for food destined for delivery to the bottom of the Grand Canyon by mule train.
Got ideas for future editions of “The list”? Email them to email@example.com.