Here’s Link’s latest “News quiz,” a weekly feature that invites readers to test their knowledge of recent stories. The correct answers appear at the end.
1. On which commission did Father Theodore Hesburgh, the subject of a new stamp, serve?
a) Commission on Presidential Debates
b) Federal Communications Commission
c) U.S. Commission on Civil Rights
d) U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom
2. Fill in the blank: USPS employees can make financial contributions to the (blank) to help colleagues whose homes were damaged by Hurricane Harvey.
a) Employee Assistance Program
b) Employee Engagement team
c) Postal Employees’ Relief Fund
d) USPS Wellness team
3. What’s the deadline to complete the Postal Pulse employee survey?
a) Sept. 8
b) Sept. 15
c) Sept. 30
d) Whenever you get around to it
4. True or false: Cash donations are encouraged during this year’s Combined Federal Campaign.
5. Match the employee in Column A with his or her heroic act in Column B.
a) Pacific Area Sr. Legal Administrative Assistant Vivienne Hansen
b) Sulphur Springs, TX, Rural Carrier Associate Mary Humphrey
c) Rush City, MN, Rural Carrier LeAnne Valvoda
d) Fort Worth, TX, Distribution Operations Supervisor Daniel Crowell and Mail Processing Clerk Cheryl Lemme
I) De-escalated a domestic assault
II) Performed CPR on a collapsed co-worker
III) Rescued a paralyzed woman who fell onto trolley tracks
IV) Saved customers who didn’t know their house was on fire
Answers: 1) c. 2) c. 3) b. 4) b. 5) a. III., b. IV., c. I., d. II.
Look for a new quiz next week and share your feedback with Link at firstname.lastname@example.org.