Here’s Link’s latest “News quiz,” a weekly feature that invites readers to test their knowledge of recent stories. The correct answers appear at the end.
1. Which observance is not recognized in October?
a) Breast Cancer Awareness Month
b) Energy Action Month
c) National Hispanic Heritage Month
d) National Preparedness Month
2. How long did Melrose Park, IL, Letter Carrier Garland Gralow deliver mail on the same route?
a) 31 years
b) 44 years
c) 60 years
d) 62 years
3. Fill in the blank: In a recent survey, (blank) respondents said they prefer to receive coupons in the mail over newspapers, the internet and smartphones.
a) 7 percent
b) 24 percent
c) 44 percent
d) 60 percent
4. When did the “Storm of the Century” occur?
5. True or false: In some storm-ravaged areas, the Postal Inspection Service is helping to set up tents where customers can pick up their mail.
Answers: 1) d. 2) c. 3) c. 4) d. 5) a.
Look for a new quiz next week and share your feedback with Link at firstname.lastname@example.org.