Here’s Link’s latest “News quiz,” a weekly feature that invites readers to test their knowledge of recent stories. The correct answers appear at the end.
1. Which song is not featured on the new Christmas Carols stamps?
a) “Deck the Halls”
b) “Jolly Old Saint Nicholas”
c) “Silent Night”
d) “Silver Bells”
2. Match the National Association of Letter Carriers hero award recipient in Column A with his heroic act in Column B.
a) Clinton Parker, Waterbury, CT
b) Daniel Ochoa, Chino, CA
c) Donte Cotton, Kettering, OH
d) Holly Allen, Ripley, WV
I) Extinguished a house fire
II) Aided a stranded customer
III) Helped police resolve an armed standoff
IV) Rescued a toddler from an overturned car
3. Where is “Post Office Bay”?
a) Off Ecuador’s coast
b) Galápagos Islands
c) Floreana Island
d) All of the above
4. During what year was the first song played in space?
5. True or false: USPS will eliminate four Extra Services forms at all Retail Systems Software locations, beginning Oct. 15.
Answers: 1) d. 2) a. III., b. I., c. IV., d. II. 3) d. 4) b. 5) a.
Look for a new quiz next week and share your feedback with Link at firstname.lastname@example.org.