Open season, your once-a-year opportunity to make changes to your health coverage or choose a new plan, is Nov. 13-Dec. 11.
Here’s what you should know:
• All employees should review their coverage. The Postal Service encourages you to evaluate your options to ensure you have the coverage you need without paying for services you don’t.
• Several options are available. Employees can choose from a variety of health, vision and dental coverage through the Federal Employees Health Program (FEHB), USPS Health Benefits Plan (USPSHB) for non-career employees, Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP) and flexible spending accounts (FSAs).
• You can explore your options online. Log onto the Open Season LiteBlue page to review your health plan and find out what’s available. You can compare multiple plans through Checkbook’s Guide to Health Plans, an online guide.
• You can make changes online, too. To enroll or change coverage in FEHB or USPSHB, go to PostalEASE or call 877-477-3273 (select option 1). Some facilities also offer self-service kiosks that allow you to change your coverage. Use the Benefeds site to enroll or make changes to your FEDVIP coverage and the FSA Feds site to enroll in FSAs.
• Help is available. For assistance, call the HR Shared Service Center at 877-477-3273 (select option 5). The TTY number is 866-260-7507.
The Postal Service will provide additional information and reminders throughout open season.