USPS has redesigned PS Form 3849, also known as the notice left form, and renamed it We ReDeliver for You!
Postal employees are required to leave this form when they are unable to deliver an item successfully. The redesigned form lists six options customers have to schedule a redelivery.
Here are other highlights:
• Simplified language and colors. The form provides customers with clearer, more accurate instructions and comes in two different colors — peach for regular delivery days and yellow for Sunday deliveries.
• A scannable QR code. The code allows customers to use their smart devices to schedule a redelivery.
• New options. Customers can also use the form to have their redeliveries managed through Informed Delivery, a free feature that allows users to digitally preview their incoming mail and manage their packages from a computer, tablet or mobile device.
• Linked barcodes. Employees can link the package tracking numbers to PS Form 3849, eliminating the need to write article numbers.
• Vertical orientation and self-adhesive features. Carriers can conveniently place the form on a customer’s door or in their mailbox.
• Barcode lookup. Retail associates can scan the form’s barcode with Retail Systems Software and be provided the mailpiece’s product, shape, tracking numbers and the customer’s address.
The We ReDeliver for You! form redesign is part of the Postal Service’s ongoing efforts to improve customers’ experiences.
Beginning Jan. 21, the revised forms will be used nationwide.