Here’s Link’s latest “News quiz,” a weekly feature that invites readers to test their knowledge of recent stories. The correct answers appear at the end.
1. True or false: In comments filed with postal regulators last week, USPS said a proposed pricing system doesn’t give the organization the flexibility it needs to deal with changing market conditions and the competitive business landscape.
2. Fill in the blank: The Postal Inspection Service and the AARP Fraud Watch Network recently launched (blank).
b) National Consumer Protection Week
c) Operation HOPE
d) Operation Protect Veterans
3. How many total subscribers does Informed Delivery have?
c) 8.3 million
d) 83 million
4. Which USPS facility in Las Vegas recently hosted a delegation from La Poste, the French postal service?
a) Airport Station
b) Crossroads Station
c) Downtown Station
d) Garside Station
5. Fill in the blank: In 1988, President Ronald Reagan attended a USPS dedication ceremony for a stamp honoring (blank).
a) Drake McHugh
b) George “The Gipper” Gipp
c) Knute Rockne
Answers: 1) a. 2) d. 3) c. 4) d. 5) c.
Look for a new quiz next week and share your feedback with Link at email@example.com.