Here’s Link’s latest “News quiz,” a weekly feature that invites readers to test their knowledge of recent stories. The correct answers appear at the end.
1. Fill in the blank: The Postal Service’s new self-service kiosks have improved screens that offer customers an experience similar to using (blank).
a) Informed Delivery
b) Informed Facility
c) Informed Visibility
2. How did “Michaela,” the employee featured in Link’s latest Hatch Act story, violate the law?
a) She delivered a political rant on social media while sitting in a USPS vehicle
b) She made political posts on social media while on the clock
c) She wrote political messages on mailpieces before delivering them
d) None of the above
3. True or false: The United States Air Mail stamps are 1-ounce domestic stamps.
4. Where does Anthony Lattimer work as a maintenance mechanic?
a) Detroit Processing and Distribution Center
b) Miami International Service Center
c) North Houston Processing and Distribution Center
d) Perryville, MO, Post Office
5. Match the May commemoration in Column A with the fact that best describes it in Column B.
a) Asian Pacific American Heritage Month
b) Military Appreciation Month
c) National Small Business Week
d) Older Americans Month
I) Celebrates approximately 20 million people in the United States
II) Celebrates approximately 49.2 million people in the United States
III) Declared a national observance by Congress in 1999
IV) Organized by the U.S. Small Business Administration
Answers: 1) d. 2) b. 3) a. 4) a. 5) a. I., b. III., c. IV., d. II.
Look for a new quiz next week and share your feedback with Link at firstname.lastname@example.org.