Here’s Link’s latest “News quiz,” a weekly feature that invites readers to test their knowledge of recent stories. The correct answers appear at the end.
1. Approximately how much money from Breast Cancer Research semipostal stamp proceeds was used for the new landmark study on early-stage treatment?
a) $4.5 million
b) $36 million
c) $86 million
d) $200 million
2. True or false: The U.S. flag has had 50 stars since enactment of the Flag Act of 1818.
3. By how much did the Postal Service’s fiscal 2018 second-quarter (Jan. 1-March 31) revenue increase when compared to the same period one year earlier?
a) 1.2 percent
b) 1.3 percent
c) 1.4 percent
d) 1.5 percent
4. Chris Alamond is one of (blank) area maintenance technicians who help keep postal equipment working properly in Montana.
5. When did 11-year-old Frank Eppeson invent the Popsicle?
Answers: 1) a. 2) b. 3) c. 4) d. 5) a.
Look for a new quiz next week and share your feedback with Link at email@example.com.