O Beautiful stamps feature stunning images that correspond with lyrics to “America the Beautiful.”
O Beautiful, a sheet of 20 stamps that feature stunning images that correspond with lyrics to “America the Beautiful,” will be released by the Postal Service this week.
Here’s what the stamps show and the lyrics they represent:
• Spacious skies: Death Valley National Park (California and Nevada), Three Fingers Mountain in Mount Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest (Washington), a rainbow over a field (Kansas) and Great Smoky National Park (North Carolina and Tennessee)
• Waves of grain: Three wheat fields (Montana, Washington and Wisconsin) and Grasslands Wildlife Management Area (California)
• Mountain majesties: Yosemite National Park (California), Crater Lake National Park (Oregon), Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park (Arizona and Utah) and White River National Forest (Colorado)
• The fruited plain: A sunrise, Pigeon Point near Pescadero, Edna Valley in San Luis Obispo County and Livermore (all in California)
• Sea to shining sea: Nāpali Coast State Wilderness Park (Hawaii), Lone Ranch Beach (Oregon), Canaveral National Seashore (Florida) and Bailey Island (Maine)
Each lyric gets its own row on the stamp sheet, which will be available at Post Offices and usps.com.
The Postal Service will dedicate the stamps Wednesday, July 4, at a summer symphony in Colorado Springs, CO.