Here’s Link’s latest “News quiz,” a weekly feature that invites readers to test their knowledge of recent stories. The correct answers appear at the end.
1. True or false: Under the Hatch Act, a postal employee cannot wear a shirt or campaign button that promotes any political candidate seeking re-election while the employee is on USPS property or on the clock.
2. Fill in the blank: (Blank) of employees who participated in this year’s Postal Pulse survey reported feeling engaged.
a) 17 percent
b) 22 percent
c) 23 percent
d) 25 percent
3. When did the United States enter World War I?
4. Who said, “I enjoy giving a little more care if it makes someone happy.”
a) Claremont, NH, Retail Associate Eileen Flannery
b) Detroit Postal Police Officer David Richardson
c) Mesquite, TX, Letter Carrier Tommy Daniels
d) St. Louis Custodian Judy Huelsing
5. Match the holiday stamp in Column A with its planned release date in Column B.
c) Madonna and Child by Bachiacca
d) Sparkling Holidays
I) Wednesday, Oct. 3
II) Wednesday, Oct. 10
III) Thursday, Oct. 11
IV) Tuesday, Oct. 16
Answers: 1) a. 2) d. 3) d. 4) d. 5) a. IV., b. II., c. I., d. III.
Look for a new quiz next week and share your feedback with Link at firstname.lastname@example.org.