Here’s Link’s latest “News quiz,” a weekly feature that invites readers to test their knowledge of recent stories. The correct answers appear at the end.
1. Fill in the blanks: Last week, USPS reported (blank) in total revenue and a net loss of (blank) for fiscal 2018’s third quarter (April 1-June 30).
a) $651 million, $1.5 billion
b) $1.5 billion, $17.1 billion
c) $17.1 billion, $1.5 billion
d) $17.1 billion, $651 million
2. Which national newsmagazine recently published an 1,800-word essay headlined, “The miracle of the United States Postal Service”?
a) The Atlantic
b) The Economist
c) The New Yorker
d) The Week
3. True or false: Internal Service Performance Measurement, which will become the Postal Service’s official method to measure service performance in October, relies on an advanced form of “sampling.”
4. How does the information that Detroit District Data Collection Technician LaWanda Jackson gathers benefit the Postal Service?
a) It helps USPS allocate the labor costs of employees and the work they perform
b) It helps USPS determine whether the right amount of postage is collected
c) It helps USPS ensure that mail is delivered accurately and on time
d) All of the above
5. Match the recent stamp release in Column A with the city where the dedication ceremony took place in Column B.
a) The Art of Magic
c) United States Air Mail
d) World War I: Turning the Tide
I) College Park, MD
II) Columbus, OH
III) Kansas City, MO
IV) Las Vegas
Answers: 1) c. 2) d. 3) a. 4) d. 5) a. IV., b. II., c. I., d. III.
Look for a new quiz next week and share your feedback with Link at firstname.lastname@example.org.