Disasters happen. Prepare now. Learn how.
This is the message the Postal Service will deliver to you and your co-workers in September, which is National Preparedness Month.
Throughout the month, the organization will offer reminders and tips to help you make preparedness part of your daily lives.
For example, to ensure your overall preparedness, you should:
- Prepare yourself and your family now and throughout the year
- Create an emergency supply kit, including pet supplies if necessary
- Write and test a family communications plan
- Practice your evacuation and shelter plan
- Stay informed about potential emergencies that may affect your area
- Save money for an emergency
USPS will provide additional, detailed guidance on workplace security, creating a family communications plan, emergency financial planning and other topics during the month.
The USPS National Preparedness site and Ready.gov, a Department of Homeland Security site, have additional tips on preparing for emergencies.