Here’s Link’s latest “News quiz,” a weekly feature that invites readers to test their knowledge of recent stories. The correct answers appear at the end.
1. Fill in the blank: The American Postal Workers Union represents more than (blank) USPS employees, including clerks, mechanics, custodians and some workers in administrative positions.
d) 1.9 million
2. Where is the Post Office that was affected by the recent eruption of Kilauea volcano?
a) Hilo, HI
b) Kauai, HI
c) Kaneohe, HI
d) Pahoa, HI
3. Who said, “By providing 100 percent accurate delivery, I ensure our customers receive the service they deserve.”
a) Munster, IN, Letter Carrier David Drozd
b) San Diego City Carrier Assistant Samantha Higgins
c) Wheelersburg, OH, Rural Carrier Joshua McGlone
d) Baxter, MN, Rural Carrier Associate Ryan Rieger
4. True or false: The Postal Communicator’s Toolbox is a Blue page that offers speeches, talking points and other materials about USPS.
5. Approximately how many Breast Cancer Research semipostal stamps have been sold since the stamp was released in 1998?
a) 1 million
b) 10 million
c) 100 million
d) 1 billion
Answers: 1) c. 2) d. 3) a. 4) a. 5) d.
Look for a new quiz next week and share your feedback with Link at email@example.com.