Here’s Link’s latest “News quiz,” a weekly feature that invites readers to test their knowledge of recent stories. The correct answers appear at the end.
1. Fill in the blank: Effective Jan. 27, the First-Class Mail letter single-piece additional ounce price will be reduced to (blank).
a) 15 cents
b) 50 cents
c) 55 cents
2. How many mailpieces does USPS expect to process and deliver between Thanksgiving and News Year’s Day?
a) 105 million
b) 900 million
c) 3 billion
d) 15 billion
3. Which term best describes an account set up to pay for out-of-pocket medical or dependent care expenses on a pretax basis?
a) Health savings account
b) High-deductible health plan
c) Fee-for-service plan
d) Flexible spending account
4. Who dressed as “Informed Delivery Man” for Halloween this year?
a) Sacramento District Field Sales Representative Andy Nanca
b) Business Solutions Manager Joe Owens
c) Judicial Officer Gary Shapiro
d) Great Lakes Area Sr. Business Service Network Specialist Alfred Strickland
5. True or false: Benjamin Franklin wanted the turkey — not the bald eagle — to be the national bird.
Answers: 1) a. 2) d. 3) d. 4) a. 5) b.
Look for a new quiz next week and share your feedback with Link at firstname.lastname@example.org.