Here’s Link’s latest “News quiz,” a weekly feature that invites readers to test their knowledge of recent stories. The correct answers appear at the end.
1. True or false: Some Post Offices may have limited hours Dec. 24, but all Post Offices will be open during regular business hours Dec. 31.
2. By what percentage did the Postal Service’s total revenue increase during fiscal 2018 (Oct. 1, 2017-Sept. 30, 2018)?
a) 1.3 percent
b) 1.5 percent
c) 3.1 percent
d) 5.1 percent
3. Fill in the blank: USPS wants to raise a total of (blank) for the Combined Federal Campaign this year.
a) $1.6 million
b) $4.6 million
c) $6.1 million
d) $6.4 million
4. When did Haddon Sundblom create his first images of Santa Claus for a Coca-Cola advertising campaign?
5. Match the 2019 stamp in Column A with its planned release date in Column B.
a) Black Heritage: Gregory Hines
b) Cactus Flowers
c) Hearts Blossom
d) Lunar New Year: Year of the Boar
I) Jan. 10
II) Jan. 17
III) Jan. 28
IV) Feb. 15
Answers: 1) a. 2) b. 3) d. 4) b. 5) a. III., b. IV., c. I., d. II.
Look for a new quiz next week and share your feedback with Link at firstname.lastname@example.org.