This week’s supersized “News quiz” has 10 questions about Link stories that were published in 2018. The correct answers appear at the end.
1. Which Celebrating Lunar New Year stamp was released this year?
a) Year of the Dog
b) Year of the Monkey
c) Year of the Ram
d) Year of the Rooster
2. True or false: The price of a First-Class Mail Forever stamp increased this year from 49 cents to 50 cents.
3. Who appointed Samuel J. Mitchell, who the last presidentially appointed Postmaster, to his job managing the Philo, OH, Post Office?
a) President John F. Kennedy
b) President Lyndon B. Johnson
c) President Richard M. Nixon
d) President Gerald R. Ford
4. In April, USPS released its list of places with the most dog attacks against employees. Which city topped the list?
c) Los Angeles
d) San Diego
5. Who was the subject of Link’s first “On the job” profile?
a) San Diego Mechanic Fidel Aguliar
b) Washington, DC, Letter Carrier Michael Bryant
c) Honolulu Ramp Clerk Loreto Garo
d) Detroit Maintenance Mechanic Anthony Lattimer
6. What was the theme of this year’s National Postal Forum?
a) “Growing Together”
b) “Informed Customers”
c) “Make Informed Connections”
d) “Tune Into Success”
7. Which National Association of Letter Carriers branch collected the most food during this year’s Stamp Out Hunger drive?
a) Los Angeles, Branch 24
b) Oklahoma City, Branch 458
c) San Juan, PR, Branch 869
d) South Florida, Branch 1071
8. Which employees shared this year’s National Hero of the Year Award from the National Association of Letter Carriers?
a) Tampa, FL, Letter Carrier Jason Moss
b) Fort Lauderdale, FL, Letter Carrier John Sylvain
c) Sterling Heights, MI, Letter Carrier Naseem Elias
d) West Bloomfield, MI, Letter Carrier Brandon Franklin
9. Fill in the blanks: During the fiscal year-end financial report that USPS released in November, the organization reported First-Class Mail volume was (blank) pieces, while package volume reached (blank) pieces.
a) 1.5 billion, 10.1 billion
b) 3.6 billion, 6.8 billion
c) 56.7 billion, 6.1 billion
d) 70.6 billion, 21.5 billion
I) David Copperfield
II) Billie Jean King
IV) Dionne Warwick
Answers: 1) a. 2) a. 3) b. 4) b. 5) d. 6) b. 7) a. 8) a. and b. 9) c. 10) a. I., b. IV., c. II., d. III.
Look for a new quiz next week and share your feedback with Link at email@example.com.