Here’s Link’s latest “News quiz,” a weekly feature that invites readers to test their knowledge of recent stories. The correct answers appear at the end.
1. True or false: Failure to comply with Surface Visibility scanning procedures will undermine data provided by the new Mail Condition Visualization module.
2. Which 2017 stamp will be available in coils of 100, beginning Jan. 27?
a) Barn Swallow
b) California Dogface
c) Celebrating African American History and Culture
d) Uncle Sam’s Hat
3. Fill in the blank: Last week, USPS employees joined Postmaster General Megan J. Brennan when she rang the closing bell at the (blank).
a) Chicago Stock Exchange
b) Miami International Securities Exchange
d) New York Stock Exchange
4. Who marked 60 years as a postal employee in December?
a) Chicago Retail Associate Crystal Flynn
b) New York City Letter Carrier Anthony Puccio
c) West Point, GA, Rural Carrier Zene Vanleeuwen
d) Newark, NJ, Mail Handler Charles Williams
5. Match the congressional lawmaker in Column A with the year she was honored on a stamp in Column B.
a) Sen. Hattie Caraway
b) Rep. Shirley Chisholm
c) Rep. Barbara Jordan
d) Sen. Margaret Chase Smith
Answers: 1) a. 2) d. 3) c. 4) b. 5) a. I., b. IV., c. III., d. II.
Look for a new quiz next week and share your feedback with Link at email@example.com.