Sleep is something everyone knows about, but not everyone understands its importance.
Adults need about 7-9 hours of sleep each night to help contribute to their health and well-being, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. If you don’t get enough sleep, it can affect your health.
Here are some tips to help you sleep better:
• Go to bed at the same time each night. Try to wake up at the same time each morning to get your body on a schedule.
• Remove electronic devices from your bedroom, including TVs, computers and smartphones.
• Try to exercise during the day to drain energy from your body. Adding physical activity into your daily routine can help you fall asleep easily.
• Avoid alcohol, caffeine and large meals before bedtime.
• Keep your bedroom cool, which can help you calm down at night.
The Wellness LiteBlue page has more information on sleep and other health topics.