Here’s Link’s latest “News Quiz,” a weekly feature that invites readers to test their knowledge of recent stories. The correct answers appear at the end.
1. True or false: The Postal Service’s total mail volume has declined by 31 percent since 2007.
2. Fill in the blank: USPS opened the (blank) last week to serve commercial mailers.
a) Centralized Account Processing System Service Center
b) Human Resources Shared Service Center
c) Mailing and Shipping Solutions Center
d) Pricing and Classification Service Center
3. Which of these annual commemorations is not observed in May?
a) Asian and Pacific American Heritage Month
b) Military Appreciation Month
c) National Hispanic Heritage Month
d) Older Americans Month
4. Where in Texas is Maureen Connolly Brinker Elementary School located?
5. Match the employee in Column A with the reason he or she was featured in Link in Column B.
a) West Shokan, NY, Retail Associate Pandora Armstrong
b) Detroit Mail Handler Michael Mendez
c) Indianapolis Mechanic Randy Benberry
d) Lowell, IN, Letter Carrier Joseph DeRolf
I) Offered customer service tips in “Best Practices”
II) Profiled in “On the Job”
III) Marked 56 years as a postal employee
IV) Submitted an energy efficiency suggestion through IdeaSMART
Answers: 1) a. 2) c. 3) c. 4) d. 5) a. IV., b. II., c. III., d. I.
Look for a new quiz next week and share your feedback with Link at email@example.com.