Here’s Link’s latest “News Quiz,” a weekly feature that invites readers to test their knowledge of recent stories. The correct answers appear at the end.
1. Fill in the blank: Lomita, CA, Retail Associate Maria Medina, the subject of the latest “On the Job” profile, regularly (blank).
a) Distributes mail and packages
b) Helps customers complete passport applications
c) Scans mail and packages
d) All of the above
2. To stay safe during hot weather, how often should you drink at least 8 ounces of water?
a) Every 20 minutes
b) Every 30 minutes
c) Every 45 minutes
d) Every hour
3. True or false: USPS issued 12 stamps last year showcasing the works of artist Andrew Wyeth.
4. Which of these Muppet characters is not featured on the Sesame Street stamps?
a) Abby Cadabby
b) Guy Smiley
c) Herry Monster
d) Prairie Dawn
5. Match the USPS employee in Column A with the reason he or she was featured in Link in Column B.
a) San Diego Operations and Industrial Engineer Andrea Case
b) Indianapolis Customer Services Supervisor Norma Hodge
c) Jackson, TN, Custodian Tsvetelina Padezhka
d) Encino, CA, Letter Carrier Veronica Solis
I) Became a U.S. citizen
II) Began a USPS career after completing a summer internship
III) Found a customer’s missing passport
IV) Received wellness tips through a district program
Answers: 1) d. 2) a. 3) b. The stamps were issued in 2017. 4) d. 5) a. II., b. III., c. I., d. IV.
Look for a new quiz next week and share your feedback with Link at firstname.lastname@example.org.