Here’s Link’s latest “News Quiz,” a weekly feature that invites readers to test their knowledge of recent stories. The correct answers appear at the end.
1. Fill in the blank: The Postal Service’s tentative agreement with the National Rural Letter Carriers’ Association covers approximately (blank) employees.
2. Where can all USPS employees take the Postal Pulse survey?
d) None of the above
3. True or false: During fiscal 2019’s second quarter (Jan. 1-March 31), USPS recorded a net loss of $2.1 billion.
4. When did the Stonewall uprising — the event that served as a rallying cry for the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community — occur?
5. Match the USPS employee in Column A with his or her quote in Column B.
a) Bridgeville, PA, Postmaster Jeanine Adams
b) San Diego Mail Processing Clerk Frank Facio
c) Santa Clarita, CA, Custodian Alfonso Casas
d) Merrifield, VA, Customer Services Supervisor Monique Gillis
I) “Everyone knows someone who can save money.”
II) “I wasn’t going to let my problems get in the way of living a normal life.”
III) “It’s not enough to manage employees. You have to show you care about them, too.”
IV) “The customer is always right, even when they might be wrong.”
Answers: 1) a. 2) b. 3) a. 4) b. 5) a. III., b. II., c. I., d. IV.
Look for a new quiz next week and share your feedback with Link at firstname.lastname@example.org.