Daniel Acevedo and Dane Coleman were named the Postal Service’s National Engagement Leader of the Year Award recipients at a ceremony this week in Washington, DC.
Acevedo is manager of the Austin, TX, Vehicle Maintenance Facility, while Coleman is Baltimore District manager.
“This award recognizes your personal engagement and commitment to support every employee. Through your leadership, you are helping the Postal Service to engage, equip and empower every member of our workforce,” Postmaster General Megan J. Brennan told the honorees at the ceremony, which was held at USPS headquarters.
The National Engagement Leader of the Year Award, introduced in 2016, honors employees who foster enthusiasm, involvement and commitment among their teams and peers.
Acevedo was honored for his efforts to include employees in key decisions, improve workplace safety and performance, and foster innovation.
Coleman was recognized for his work to mentor employees, communicate with workers and create safe environments.
The other finalists were:
- David Bowers, deputy chief postal inspector
- Eric Chavez, Northeast Area vice president
- Joshua Colin, Eastern Area vice president
- Richard Feuerstein, EEO dispute resolution manager
- Krista Finazzo, Greater Michigan District manager
- Tamie Hollar, asset management manager
- Fatema Kennedy, enterprise data management acting manager
- Raquel Martin, field recruiter
- Catherine Meek, deputy managing counsel
- Larry Munoz, Pacific Area vice president
- Angela Pralle, Wichita, KS, Customer Care Center acting manager
- Robert Reynosa, Bay Valley District manager
- Ruel Samuels, Kansas City, KS, Network Distribution Center distribution operations manager
- Sharon Young, Northern Ohio District manager
This year’s 16 finalists, whom USPS announced in April, include individuals who represent the Postal Service’s seven geographic areas and people who represent departments overseen by members of the organization’s executive leadership team.
The finalists were selected from among more than 80 employees who were honored at the district and headquarters levels. This group was announced in January.
The Employee Engagement LiteBlue page has more information about the awards.