Here’s Link’s latest “News Quiz,” a weekly feature that invites readers to test their knowledge of recent stories. The correct answers appear at the end.
1. Where is the new mural honoring Roger “Buck” Hill, also known as “the Wailing Mailman”?
b) New York City
c) Tucson, AZ
d) Washington, DC
2. Fill in the blank: The Postal Service’s new automated delivery unit sorters can rapidly process more than (blank) packages per hour.
3. True or false: Employees must receive permission from the USPS Ethics Office before organizing a Combined Federal Campaign event.
4. How many Tyrannosaurus Rex stamps show movement when rotated?
5. Match the USPS employee in Column A with his or her heroic action in Column B.
a) Portland, ME, Financial Programs Compliance Manager Heather Adams
b) Louisville, KY, Postal Support Employee Debra Carver
c) Londonderry, VT, Postmaster Victoria Girouard
d) San Antonio Customer Services Supervisor Ming Liu
I) Alerted the Postal Inspection Service to a scam
II) Called 911 for a customer trapped on a floor
III) Donated a kidney to a co-worker’s daughter
IV) Got help for a co-worker suffering cardiac arrest
Answers: 1) d. 2) b. 3) a. 4) b. 5) a. III., b. IV., c. II., d. I.
Look for a new quiz next week and share your feedback with Link at firstname.lastname@example.org.