As part of National Preparedness Month, the Postal Service is encouraging employees to prepare financially for emergencies.
Securing funds — as well as financial, insurance and medical documents — will give you peace of mind and help you be ready if disaster strikes.
To prepare, follow these tips:
• Complete a financial first-aid kit. The Federal Emergency Management Agency’s site has instructions.
• Consider depositing money in an emergency savings account.
• Secure a small amount of cash at home in case ATMs aren’t available.
• Gather critical financial, personal, household and medical information.
• Snap images of important documents and personal belongings to help quickly file insurance claims.
Remember: The key to recovery is speed. The key to speed is preparedness.
The Department of Homeland Security’s Ready.gov site has additional information.