Here’s Link’s latest “News Quiz,” a weekly feature that invites readers to test their knowledge of recent stories. The correct answers appear at the end.
1. Fill in the blank: Approximately (blank) military veterans are employed by the Postal Service.
d) 1 million
2. What USPS service allows small-business customers to create prepaid Priority Mail labels on ordinary printing paper?
b) Every Door Direct Mail
c) Label Broker
d) None of the above
3. True or false: The new USPS Mail Journey website will help educate customers, employees and others on mail’s changing role.
4. Approximately how many charities are participating in this year’s Combined Federal Campaign?
5. Match the letter carrier (Column A) with the heroic action (Column B) for which they were recently honored by the National Association of Letter Carriers.
a) Theresa Jo Belkota (Lewiston, NY)
b) Michael Musick (Bellflower, CA)
c) Austin Rentz (Sumner, IA)
d) Mark Schuh (Princeton, IN)
I) Aided a 10-year-old neighbor hurt by a lawn mower
II) Defended a man and his beagle during a dog attack
III) Rescued his Postmaster’s mother from a fire
IV) Responded to a traffic accident that injured two co-workers
Answers: 1) c. 2) a. 3) a. 4) b. 5) a. I., b. IV., c. III., d. II.
Look for a new quiz next week and share your feedback with Link at email@example.com.