The Postal Service is again helping children receive responses to their holiday letters to Santa Claus.
The Greetings from the North Pole Post Office program, formerly known as Letters from Santa, allows children to mail letters to St. Nick and receive a personalized reply in an envelope with a special North Pole postmark.
To participate, parents and guardians should follow these steps:
• Have your child write a letter to Santa and place it in an envelope addressed to: Santa Claus, North Pole.
• Later, when alone, open the envelope and write a personalized response from Santa. Make it special by citing the child’s accomplishments, such as being helpful and getting good grades.
• Insert Santa’s reply into an envelope and address it to the child. On the envelope, add the return address: Santa Claus, North Pole.
• Affix a First-Class Mail stamp to the envelope.
• Place the complete envelope inside a larger envelope — preferably a Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope — with appropriate postage and address it to: North Pole Postmark, Postmaster, 4141 Postmark Drive, Anchorage, AK 99530-9998.
Letters must be received by the Anchorage Postmaster no later than Friday, Dec. 13.
The Postal Service’s Nov. 12 news release has more information.