Here’s Link’s latest “News Quiz,” a weekly feature that invites readers to test their knowledge of recent stories. The correct answers appear at the end.
1. Fill in the blank: This year’s open season benefits enrollment period ends (blank).
a) Friday, Dec. 6
b) Monday, Dec. 9
c) Friday, Dec. 13
d) Tuesday, Dec. 31
2. How many packages did USPS deliver in 2018?
a) 6.2 million
b) 62 million
c) 620 million
d) 6.2 billion
3. True or false: The Oregon Humane Society recently boosted fundraising by 2.7 percent after incorporating Informed Delivery into a direct mail campaign.
4. What was the Postal Service’s national scanning rate during the week ending Nov. 22?
a) 97.84 percent
b) 97.87 percent
c) 98.13 percent
d) 99.09 percent
5. How many letters, memos and telegrams are featured in the new book “Letters from Hollywood: Inside the Private World of Classic American Moviemaking”?
Answers: 1) b. 2) d. 3) b. The organization boosted its fundraising 7.7 percent after using Informed Delivery. 4) b. 5) a.
Look for a new quiz next week and share your feedback with Link at firstname.lastname@example.org.