Here’s Link’s latest “News Quiz,” a weekly feature that invites readers to test their knowledge of recent stories. The correct answers appear at the end.
1. Fill in the blank: Holiday greeting cards represented about (blank) of all U.S. household personal correspondence in 2018.
a) 3.8 percent
b) 8.3 percent
c) 34 percent
d) 43 percent
2. True or false: USPS plans to release Big Bend, a $7.75 Priority Mail stamp, and Grand Island Ice Caves, a $26.35 Priority Mail Express stamp, in January.
3. When does USPS plan to release its Black Heritage stamp honoring Gwen Ifill?
a) Saturday, Jan. 11
b) Thursday, Jan. 30
c) Friday, Feb. 14
d) Friday, Feb. 21
4. When did Theodore Rogers, a mail handler equipment operator at the Cardiss Collins Processing and Distribution Center, begin his postal career?
5. What’s the name of the new play in Washington, DC, inspired by a real-life couple’s love letters during World War II?
a) “Crazy for You”
b) “Dear Jack, Dear Louise”
c) “Dear Louise, Dear Jack”
d) “Mail Tale”
Answers: 1) d. 2) a. 3) b. 4) a. 5) b.
Look for a new quiz next week and share your feedback with Link at email@example.com.