The Postal Service wants employees to remember that counseling and other services are available through the Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
The program aims to help employees overcome life challenges that can affect their health, family or job performance.
EAP is voluntary, confidential and free. Services include:
• Face-to-face counseling. Clinicians are available to talk in person about any concerns.
• Telephone counseling. Employees can speak with a counselor by calling 800-327-4968. The TTY number is 877-492-7341.
• Video therapy. Clinicians or consultants are available through a video link.
• Text therapy. Employees can use the Talkspace app to text a clinician, who will respond in a certain amount of time.
• Online therapy. The myStrength app includes therapy modules for depression, stress, chronic pain, anxiety, substance use and insomnia.
The EAP4YOU.com website has more information.