“News Quiz” is a weekly feature that lets you test your knowledge of recent Link stories. The correct answers appear at the end.
1. When was the first mass mailing for the U.S. census?
2. True or false: Under the Hatch Act, Postal Service employees can engage in political activity while inside a postal vehicle, but not while wearing a postal uniform.
3. USPS employees who are contacted by members of the news media should refer them to which website?
b) Postal Pro
c) USPS Newsroom
d) None of the above
4. Fill in the blanks: This spring, USPS is delivering an estimated (blank) coronavirus stimulus checks from the U.S. Treasury Department and (blank) eligibility notices from the Internal Revenue Service.
a) 5 million, 8 million
b) 8 million, 5 million
c) 60 million, 81 million
d) 81 million, 60 million
5. Which TV show recently featured a guest appearance by Kelly Mathaw, a Detroit letter carrier?
a) “ABC World News Tonight”
b) “Good Morning America”
c) “Live with Kelly and Ryan”
d) “The View”
Answers: 1) b. 2) b. The Hatch Act prohibits federal workers from engaging in political activity while on duty, while wearing a uniform, while on federal property or while inside a federal vehicle. 3) c. 4) c. 5) c.