“News Quiz” is a weekly feature that lets you test your knowledge of recent Link stories. The correct answers appear at the end.
1. In a new survey by the Postal Service, what percentage of respondents said they rely more on mail as a result of social distancing?
a) 16.7 percent
b) 33.3 percent
c) 40 percent
d) 42 percent
2. How much will USPS customers and employees save when they purchase two Hallmark greeting cards at select Post Offices during the promotion underway through June 21?
a) 25 cents
b) 50 cents
c) 75 cents
3. Fill in the blank: Postal Service employees pledged (blank) during the 2019-20 Combined Federal Campaign.
a) $6.7 million
b) $8.2 million
c) $191.6 million
d) $283 million
4. What’s the name of the promotion that USPS is offering mailers from April 1-June 30?
a) Earned Value
b) Emerging and Advanced Technology
c) Informed Delivery
d) Personalized Color
5. True or false: An estimated 650,000 people died in the United States during the 1918-19 influenza pandemic.
Answers: 1) d. 2) d. 3) a. 4) a. 5) a.